Cayley Aerospace Inc now has the capabilities to perform icing analysis.
Icing analyses of aircraft components during the design phase are concerned with the determination of ice collection information for performance, shedding, and deicing/anti icing design considerations.
In particular, the designer must determine
1. Water droplet impingement limits
2. Collection efficiency
3. Water catch amounts
4. Ice accretion size and shape
5. Ice character/type (rime, glaze, mixed) for the following operating conditions
1. Inadvertent encounters that are established based on the total time estimated for recognition and system activation (usually 3- to 5-minute shapes)
2. Inter cycle shapes (based on the periodic activation time of mechanical/electrical systems)
3. System failures (typically 22.5 to 25 minute shapes)
4. Unprotected areas (based on the 45-minute holding criteria)